[nncoalition] Request for Comments; Net Neutrality Policy Statement(s)

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Apr 13 04:34:36 CEST 2015

At our meeting in Manila I also mentioned that there is a proposed "deliberative poll" planned as an IGF pre-event, which, contrary to the IGF itself, would be a very outcome-oriented process, and is considering dealing with net neutrality as a topic.  Although it remains at an early stage, a state of play presentation about the deliberative poll will be given at the Freedom Online Coalition in Mongolia next month.  I have very little faith (borne from a decade of experience) that the IGF will produce any concrete messages this year, so I want to flag the deliberative poll option again as a fallback that might have a better chance of producing something.

Nonetheless, I'll also consult internally about whether there is a net neutrality policy statement that EFF could propose for this process.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt

PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en